Since 1992, Enssib has been training managers in information, documentation and library sciences for the public and private sectors.
Enssib gives its student the skills they need for a wide range of evolving professions: digital archiving managers, heads of information management, documentalists, digital book production managers, heritage fund managers, librarians, curators, etc.
Enssib also offers a wide range of lifelong learning courses, both on-site and distance learning, and offers the validation of prior learning and accredited courses.
Contact : Christine Chevalier-Boyer
6 master's courses
- 4 master's degree courses in "Information and Library Sciences”
- 1 master's course in "History, Civilizations and Heritage"
- 1 course in "Digital practices and methods in the humanities"
2 Enssib diplomas
- Library and Documentation Operational Framework
- University Diploma in Information and Library Sciences
Courses following a competitive entrance exam
- Training for State and City of Paris curators. Duration of training : 18 months
- Training for state and city of Paris librarians. Duration of training : 6 months
Lifelong learning supports students throughout their professional development. Enssib is committed to a process of continuously improving its courses and training. Enssib is a partner of BIBDOC, the portal for continuing education in the library and documentation professions.
Transition to employment
Enssib assists its students in their transition to the labour market from their first year of the master's degree. Several initiatives are in place, including a teaching unit which focussed on seeking employment, with the participation of professionals and former students, a professional week organised around thematic round tables on different jobs and opportunities, an annual alumni forum, team project management in the first year of the master’s, optional internships in the first year of the master’s, compulsory internships in the second year of the master’s, and the possibility of combining work and study on several courses.